The Punjab Provincial Development Working Party approved eleven development schemes of Roads and Regional Planning (RP) Sectors with an estimated cost of PKR. 16,722.943 Million.
These schemes were approved in the 17th meeting of Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) of current fiscal year 2019-20 presided over the Chairman P&D Board Habib-ur-Rehman Gilani. All members of the Planning & Development Board, Provincial Secretaries of concerned departments, Assistant Chief Coordination Syed Naveed Iqbal and other senior representatives of the relevant provincial departments also attended the meeting.
The approved development schemes included:
- Dualization of Dina – Mangla Road, length: 12.83 km, District Jhelum at the cost of PKR. 1,344.770
- Dualization of Sargodha Mianwali Road (Phase-I) from 267.37 km to 300.18 length: 32.81 km, District Mianwali at the cost of PKR. 6,667.823 Million
- Dualization of Muzaffargarh Road (Jauharbad Chowk Girote), length: 25.25 km in District Khushab at the cost of PKR. 2,210.445 Million
- Construction of road from Dhulla to Mangwal, District Chakwal, length:18 km (Revised) at the cost of PKR. 884.828 Million
- Widening/improvement of road from Kotla Haji Shah to Laskani Wala via Basti Shadu Khan, length: 27.50 km, District Layyah at the cost of PKR. 626.823 Million
- Dualization of metalled road from Sher Shah Bye Pass (N-70) to M-4 Motorway along Sikenderabad Distributary, length: 6.00 km, District Multan at the cost of PKR. 598.429 Million
- Dualization/improvement of Multan Matital Road, length: 21.00 km (Phase-I), Multan at the cost of PKR. 958.440 Million
- Rehabilitation and widening/improvement of roads, RY Khan at the cost of PKR. 499.998 Million, construction of Link Road from GT Road to Sialkot Lahore Motorway, Aminabad to Lahore Sialkot Motorway in District Gujranwala Lenght: 14.17 km at the cost of PKR. 711.871 Million
- Dualization of Sialkot – Pasrur Road, length: 27.35 km (Phase-I) km No. 0/0 to 14/60, length: 14.60 km in District Sialkot at the cost of PKR. 1,993.166 Million
- Third Party Validation (TPV) of Rural Accessibility Programme (RAP) Naya Pakistan Manzilyen Asan (PC-II) at the cost of PKR. 226.350 Million