The Punjab Provincial Development Working Party approved three development schemes of various sectors with an estimated cost of PKR. 3817.581 Million while other three schemes of Agriculture & Forestry Sectors sum of PKR. 58241.377 Million were recommended for final approval by the Federal Government.
These schemes were approved in the 22nd meeting of Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) of current fiscal year 2018-19 presided by the Chairman P&D Habib ur Rehman Gilani. Provincial Secretary P&D Iftikhar Ali Sahoo, all members of the Planning & Development Board, Provincial Secretaries of concerned departments and other senior representatives of the relevant provincial departments also attended the meeting.
The approved development schemes included:
- Establishment of Arazi Record Centers (ARCs) at Qanungoi Level (Phase-I) at the cost of PKR. 2146.131 Million
- Construction of Dual Carriageway from Ganaish Wah Canal to Katcheri Chowk length: 2.00 km, Muzaffargarh (Revised) at the cost of PKR. 443.772 Million
- Widening/improvement/reconstruction of Rawat Harraka Dhudial Road (Phase-I) Rawat to Jorrian, lenght: 36.00 km, Rawalpindi (Revised) at the cost of PKR. 1227.678 Million
- Scheme of forestry sector named as Green Pakistan Programme – Revival of Wildlife Resources in Punjab (Revised) at the cost of PKR. 5,890.599
- Two schemes of agriculture sector included National Program for enhancing command area of small and mini dams in Barani Areas of Pakistan at the cost of PKR. 3,814.912
- National Program for improvement of watercourses in Pakistan at the cost of PKR. 48,535.866 Million were cleared in the PDWP and also sent to CDWP development forum for its final approval