The Punjab Provincial Development Working Party approved three development schemes of various sectors with an estimated cost of PKR. 3381.184 Million while other four schemes of Agriculture Sector sum of PKR. 26026.66 Million was recommended for final approval by the Federal Government. These schemes were approved in the 21st meeting of Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) of current fiscal year 2018-19 presided by the Chairman P&D Habib ur Rehman Gilani.
Provincial Secretary P&D Iftikhar Ali Sahoo, all Members of the Planning & Development Board, Provincial Secretaries of concerned departments and other senior representatives of the relevant Provincial Departments also attended the meeting.
The approved development schemes included:
- Upgradation of THQ Hospital Taunsa, District D.G. Khan from 100 to 190 bedded at the cost of PKR. 1,378.140 Million
- Propagation of backyard poultry for increased availability of animal protein to Counter Stunted Growth at the cost of PKR. 290.170 Million
- Enhancing beef production through Save the Buffalo Calves and Feedlot Fattening at the cost of PKR. 1,712.874 Million
- Different schemes of agriculture sector named as National Program for enhancing profitability through increasing productivity of wheat at the cost of PKR. 12,535.000 Million
- National Oil Seed enhancement program at the cost of PKR. 5,115.000 Million
- National Program for enhancing profitability through increasing productivity of sugarcane at the cost of PKR. 2,048.900 Million
- National Program for enhancing profitability through increasing productivity of rice at the cost of PKR. 6,327.760 Million were cleared in the PDWP and also sent to CDWP development forum for its final approval